This article will describe the account adjustment and client refund transaction types depending on the action you are trying to accomplish.
ACH Debits will only affect RTR balance in either of two cases:
- There is no subtype on the transaction
- There is a subtype on that transaction that has been added to the Advance Settings for “subtypes that reduce RTR balance.”
How to add a custom Sub Type:
- Go to the Enrollments Tab
- Click Sub Types
- Add Sub Type(s)
How to check if a subtype affects RTR Balances:
- Go to the Advances Tab
- Click Settings
- Go to Payments
- Check Setting “Sub-Types reducing RTR balances” (note that only Custom Sub Types will be available to input in this setting)
Account Adjustment Transactions
- Account Adjustment transactions do not need to be “cleared.”
- Account Adjustment transactions should always include a custom subtype, and that subtype should never be set to affect the RTR balance in advance settings.
Client Refund Transactions
- Client Refund transactions need to be “cleared.”
- Client Refund transactions do not need a Subtype – but it is recommended to include a Subtype for reporting and clarity.
Please reach out to Support@centrexsoftware.com for any questions.